Bali is one of the provinces of Indonesia. With an area of 5,632,86 sq. km and majority of the population involved in farming, the government has taken several steps to improve agriculture and tourism industry.
The early government that existed in Bali had more Indian influences to it. A hierarchical system was prominent in Bali, whereby in running the government, the king was assisted by a central advisory board called Panglapuan, which was later called Pakiran. The board of advisories included several commanders, senapatis, and Buddhist priests.
Bali has eight districts collectively called Kabupatens, which comprise of Badung, Bangli, Buleleng, Gianyar, Jembrana, Karangasem, Klungkung, and Tabanan. Among all these districts, Badung is the most famous and highly populated one, with Despansar as its capital.
Bali has around 76 districts and each district is headed by a government official called Bupati. Districts are subdivided into sub districts called Kecamatans. And each sub district is headed by Camat. Every village has a headman called Perbekel and villages are further divided to form Banjars.
The total number of districts in 2000 was 88, and by the end of 2002, there were about 76 districts. There were around 51 sub districts in the year 2000, which rose to 53 in 2002. Villages were 577 in number in the year 2000, while in 2002, they increased to 598.
The total population of Bali in the year 2002 was 3,216,881. The number of men was 1,632,995, accounting for 50.76% of the total population. The other 49.24% were women, and there were 1,583,886.
Bali province government takes great measures to improve the tourism industry, since it is a major source of revenue for the government. The government has focused special attention towards the issue of wages. The province minimum wage has increased drastically (79.19%) from Rp.190.300 to Rp.341.000 from 2000 to 2002.
Enjoy Private Bali Day Tours with our professional Bali Tour Office Driver are friendly guiding you to visit the beautiful panorama of tourist sites and other tourist destinations by performing their outstanding service together for your convenience and enjoyable during day tours. During Bali Day Tours you will be amazed with interest place we visit.